Integrated Biotrickling Filter and Biofilter Systems
Envirogen integrated biotrickling filter and biofilter systems provide some of the most technically advanced solutions for mid-range air flow odor and volatile organic compounds (VOC) control applications. Integrated biotrickling/biofilter systems consistently remove hydrogen sulfide (H2S) to above 99% levels and can remove other compounds in the over 95% range.
The result of 25 years of research, design and operating experience, these systems combine the high performance of a biotrickling filter design in removing H2S with the VOC; and reduced sulfur compound efficiencies of a biofilter. Both are housed in a single, prefabricated fiberglass system that offers ease of installation and small system footprint.
Key Advantage – Multi-zone Treatment for Odor and VOC Control
Envirogen biotrickling filter and biofilter technology systems can be configured to offer multiple zones of treatment – for efficient and cost-effective management of complex air streams. Biofilter trickling design is integrated with biofilter system configuration that can feature up to three different ‘ecozones’ – employing different media, pH, humidity and flow design.
Our advanced odor and VOC control system design allows the growth of micro-organisms that target specific contaminants in the air stream more effectively and efficiently than a single media system can allow. Furthermore, it also allows for optimization of media life and leads to lower long-term operating costs for both energy and media.
Envirogen integrated biotrickling filter and biofilter systems offer robust and sustainable solutions in VOCs and in odor control:
- Reduced chemical usage/storage
- Contaminant destruction
- Reduced energy usage
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Lower overall emissions
- Adaptation to changing odor sources and levels
- Over 130 biofilter technology systems installed at over 90 locations
- External irrigation piping for easy maintenance and inspection of nozzles
- FRP frame and panel construction without metal support structure (no corrosion)
- Zonal irrigation control
- Ease of Installation (modular)
- “Drop and Load” (i.e., drop unit on pad, then load media)
- Overall “box” profile is sleek and clean (as option, exterior shell can be color-matched to WWTP/site architecture)
The Envirogen integrated biotrickling filter/biofilter systems range
Integrated biotrickling filter and biofilter system configurations
Further Reading on Biological Treatment Vapor