Ultraviolet (UV) systems disinfect water by utilizing germicidal ultraviolet lamps that produce short wave radiation lethal to bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms.
UV-C germicidal light deactivates the DNA of bacteria, viruses and other pathogens and thus destroys their ability to multiply and cause disease. UV-C germicidal ultraviolet is a non-chemical approach to disinfection of water, air and surfaces. Residence time is critical to ensure efficacy.
Single lamp and modular multi-lamp systems that are simple to operate and maintain and are available to accommodate flows from 3 to 416 GPM.
UV Product Features and Benefits
- Commercial and Industrial systems feature a modular design to address flow requirement.
- Single lamp chamber design enables separate output monitoring of each ultraviolet lamp.
- Reserve chambers permit shutdown or replacement of individual components without interruption of service.
- Special Configurations for TOC and ozone reduction
- Clear Quartz Sleeve ensures optimum lamp output at normal potable water temperatures.
- The wiper segments induce turbulence in the flowing liquid to assure uniform exposure of suspended microorganisms to the lethal ultraviolet rays.
- Translucent sight port provides positive indication of germicidal lamp operation.
- The wiper assembly facilitates periodic cleaning of the quartz sleeve without any disassembly or interruption of purifier operation.
- Sight Port Plug reveals a visible glow, confirming germicidal lamp operation.
- Easily removable end cap allows fast and effortless lamp change without shutdown of water pressure or drainage of tank. No tools required.
- Removable Flanged Head for complete disassembly of unit if repairs are necessary
- Dual action wiper mechanism facilitates periodic cleaning of quartz sleeve without interruption of purifier operation. No disassembly required. Complies with U.S Public Health Guidelines.
- Electropolished and passivated 316 Stainless Steel construction of chamber, head, and clamp
Used for disinfection, TOC reduction, or removal of chlorine or ozone for drinking water, food & beverage process water, healthcare or pharmaceutical processes.